- Change yourself first! If there are things that need changing in your life start there first. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing, worry about what you are doing and what positive changes you can make in your life.
- Realize that human beings are emotional and that what we say and do is based on our emotions. Therefore, to be able to connect with and influence others we need to understand what makes them tick. Take time to find out about your team.
- Good leaders are empathetic and sensitive to others. They listen to what others are saying, and they listen for what’s being said between the lines. The more you listen to a person the more they will trust you.
- One of the greatest ways to influence others is by asking questions and really listening to the answers. Don’t state a comment if you can ask a question. Example: Mary is upset because she is not booking very many presentations. Instead of telling her that she is not working hard enough at her job, ask her what methods she is using to increase her bookings.
- Set a good example! People love to follow a leader that knows where he or she is going and that sets an example for others to follow. Good leaders are self-disciplined, have clear ideals and continually aspire to reach their goals.
- Keep Learning! When you arrive at a leadership level it’s the perfect time to learn new skills so you and your team can keep ahead in the game! Learn from those who have had success and can show you the way. Theories don’t Work! Systems Work! Find a leadership system that will take you beyond where you want to go! In fact, you’d be wise to check out the “Blueprint for Mastering Direct Selling Leadership – The Complete System to Make BIG Bucks”! Click here for more info
|Here’s to your Success|
|Karen Phelps, The Leading Authority in Direct Selling|